Have a wonderful 2012-2013!
I resolve to:
- treat all students fairly, regardless of race, gender, age, behavior, a parent's nasty attitude, the comments from last year's teachers, or seemingly lack of interest in learning
- to realize that all children can learn, but not always at the same pace
- stop using sarcasm as a disciplinary tool, no matter how effective it may seem.
- speak in a quiet, even,tone, even when yelling seems to be the only option. (It never is!)
- realize that I could be the only good thing that happens in a student's day
- grade papers in a timely manner, and use their grades to guide instruction
- meet all deadlines, and if I'm late, don't make excuses
- stop gossiping! (Hard one for me sometimes)
- share with my colleagues, we are not in competition with each other. (3rd year of implementing PLC(Professional Learning Community, has made me so much better at sharing))
- use technology as a tool to engage and empower my students, technology is not a subject!
- be involved in fighting what is happening in, and to, the public education system!
- be a lifelong learner (I am very good at this one!)
- continue to be passionate about my job, and if I'm not, retire.:)
Are there any resolutions you would add?