Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Teaching in My Sleep!


Snoring Sleeping Zz Smiley Clip Art



Last night, while I was sleeping, I developed a Fractions Math Review lesson using Socrative's Space Race. I am serious, while I was sleeping!
I am at the end of the unit in fractions and I wanted to create a review that would be fun and productive. But, never in my wildest dreams, pun intended, did I intend to create it while sleeping!  I woke up from the "dream", and figured I would fall back into a deep sleep, with teaching off my mind, at least until the sun rose.
But, alas, the lesson reentered my dream, disturbing my much sought-after slumber.
I don't know about you, but when I have an observation coming up, my dreams are filled with lesson planning for weeks. It's also filled with any number of things that can go wrong, turning my dream into a nightmare.
And, let's not forget the first few days of school. Instead of sheep, I'm counting "beginning of the school year" activities.
I realize that I am passionate about teaching, but this is ridiculous!
Hopefully,  after I get the Math Review done, my teacher brain will shut down, and I can dream of normal things, like, never mind. :)

1 comment:

  1. I would say that about 95% of my dreams are school related and most are scary!!! I look forward to spring break when my dreams can be "normal"!

    ReplyDelete